||[Jun. 22nd, 2004|08:09 pm]
Constant Vigilance in Financial Affairs
Announcing money_days! The motto: Constant Vigilance in Financial Affairs! |
Inspired by the lovely beautifulday72 and her faithful posting in food_days, I created a community where we can encourage each other to post entries to bitch about money, to track spending (thus increasing accountability), to seek advice, or to share your progress with personal money goals. No great detail necessary.
I'm envisioning all kinds of posts, but here are what I was thinking I'd post about:
Okay, that last one is just a figment of my hyper-imagination.
- "Balanced checkbook today" that continues on to extoll the virtues of Quicken,
- "Yay! I've finally signed up for automatic debit to Sallie Mae and now I'll never be late with my loan payments again,"
- "Qualifying for a mortgage sucks. I need to vent,"
- "I'm reading Smart Women Finish Rich and I think it's brilliant/inspiring/a load of crap; anyone else?" and
- "Anyone know whether I can deduct passive losses under section 469 of the internal revenue code?"
And of course, you may feel free to post your appreciation for the faithful
slave laborers hard workers who are striving to protect investors and the integrity of the securities markets, even though we understand there's a lot left to do.
If anyone feels like she or he would be better served by making this a friends-only or invite-only or some limited-type journal so as to make better use of it, please let me know.